University Settlement is a neighborhood center that provides social services to residents of the Broadway-Slavic Village neighborhood in southeast Cleveland. Headquartered at 4800 Broadway Avenue, the agency operates three facilities and hosts 10 major programs that serve children, families, and seniors.
The mission of University Settlement is to offer the individuals and families we serve the resources by which they can learn, grow, and thrive.
This mission is guided by the following principles:
• A community-centric orientation to our programs and services
• Having our “feet in the street” to encourage authentic community engagement and on-going community dialogue
• Aligning our programs and services to address current and pressing community needs and being nimble so as to be able to adjust our offerings in line with evolving community needs
• Building our visibility in the community to be as accessible as possible to those we strive to partner with and serve
• Operating with a collaborative spirit