Family to Family
University Settlement contracts with Cuyahoga County Children and Family Services to link families to community resources through the wraparound approach.
- Assisting families with open cases with Children and Family Services;
- Finding new foster, adoptive, and kinship homes for children removed from their homes;
- Supporting older youth coming out of the foster care system;
- Providing assistance as a Benefit Bank site
- Linking families to services through the Broadway Collaborative
Building Strong Families
Two programs working together to support families of all shapes and sizes.
- Fatherhood Connections: focuses on fathers at the following schools: Willow, Mound, Fullerton and Warner Road Girl’s Academy. Offers case management, support groups, father child activities and events, and parent education sessions.
- Strengthening Families: focuses on families in the Broadway community. Provides education regarding valuable community resources; helps families broaden their support network; explores ways families can work more effectively with their children; and works step-by-step alongside of family members to problem-solve.
Offers intensive case management and short-term rental assistance to families coming out of area homeless shelters. Staff work with community landlords, staffing agencies, and financial institutions to provide the resources families need to realize self-sufficiency.
University Settlement operates one of the region’s largest food pantries, serving approximately 800 families per month and providing them with a 3 to 5 days supply of groceries. In addition, we provide a hot community meal every Tuesday evening and a monthly produce distribution.
The Hunger Center Food Pantry is open Tuesday through Friday from 11:30am to 2:00pm. Our Tuesday evening meal is from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., and our monthly produce distribution falls on the first Monday of every month from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Magic Johnson Community Empowerment Center
The Magic Johnson Community Empowerment Center (MJCEC) is a product of the Magic Johnson Foundation. The MJCEC provides ethnically diverse urban communities access to resources and programming that educate, empower, and strengthen individuals through the innovative use of technology.