University Settlement is changing lives and we would like you to consider joining us in this work. Our corporate culture encourages creative ideas that enable us to continually improve and better service Broadway Slavic Village and surrounding communities.
We strive to create a pleasant environment for each member of our staff by offering an excellent benefits package which includes healthcare, vacation, sick days, free parking, relaxed atmosphere, with casual dress Fridays.
Come join an exciting nonprofit organization that is working to make a difference and offers opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are always seeking talented individuals to join our growing team.
Open Full Time Positions:
Wrap Around Specialist
TThe Wraparound Specialist provides case management and related services to families who are referred by the Department of Children and Family Services, Collaborative members, and other community referral sources.
The Cook is responsible for preparing and/or directing the preparation of food to be served to clients in the Adult Wellness, Evening Meals and Youth programs while complying with all applicable sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures
INTERNSHIPS & SERVICE LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
University Settlement was originally founded as a training site for social workers from what is now Case Western Reserve University. We have continued this tradition in partnership with various schools and universities throughout Northeast Ohio, and provide between dozens of interns with well-rounded, real life experience each year.
We hope to inspire a new generation of social servants interested in helping their community through our internship program. Internships are available in a variety of departments including programming, development, finance, and administration.
Please contact Kaitlin Armocida at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about current opportunities.
NEO Skill Corps has 7 AmeriCorps volunteer (Member) positions available with the Host Sites listed below. Full-time Members receive a $12,630 living allowance for a minimum of 1,700 hours and Part-time Members receive a $6,686 living allowance for a minimum of 900 hours during a twelve- month service period. Upon successful completion of service, Members receive an education award from the National Service Trust in the following amounts: Full- time members receive $5,815; Part time members receive $2,907.50.
Members will be responsible to provide financial literacy curriculum to program participants. Some members will provide adult education and/or workforce preparation curriculum. Responsibilities will include the following:
· Assess clients' financial literacy knowledge
· Instruct financial literacy curriculum
· Coach clients on limited financial matters
· Arrange and host guest speakers from financial institutions
· Collect and enter data; track clients' progress
· Assess clients' level of competency (reading, math, English language)
· Place client in appropriate class/subject based on assessment score and workforce goal
· Instruct adult education and workplace services classes
· Provide contextualized learning materials
· Conduct pre and post-test/report progress of clients
· Track client workforce goals and achievements
All AmeriCorps Members will receive training in preparation for service at their host sites designed to assist Members in performing the activities aligned with NEO Skill Corps and the assigned host site.
Members are required to participate in AmeriCorps training and events requested by the Ohio Community Service Council, Corporation for National and Community Service, and NEO Skill Corps.
· Some college from an accredited institution, Degree preferred;
· Proficient with Microsoft Office software, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Experience teaching
· Public speaking
· Experience working with adults with diverse backgrounds preferred.
Interested applicants should submit their resumes to Sandra Buckner, Program Manager, at email@example.com. Please call Sandra at 216-456-0914 if you have any questions.