Ways to Give
When you donate to University Settlement, you help
- Address food insecurity by providing meals and groceries to the community
- Ensure families are stably housed
- Foster positive family development that encourage parents to play active roles
- Allow seniors and adults with disabilities to enhance their cognitive and physical wellness
- Offer financial literacy and workforce training to adults
For a $10 donation, you can provide:
- Toilet paper to a previously homeless individual for 6 months
- 2 seniors with a nutritional and hot meal
- A school back pack for one child
For a $25 donation, you can provide:
- One month of transportation for a child to our educational programs
- 5 seniors with a nutritional and hot meal
- 2 sets of blankets and pillows for families
For a $50 donation, you can provide:
- One microwave for a previously homeless individual
- 10 seniors with a nutritional and hot meal
- School supplies for one child for an entire school year
We accept donations of all kinds. Specifically, we need:
- Blankets, pillows, and sheets
- Toiletries (soap, tooth paste, deodorant)
- House hold items (towels, utensils)
- Cleaning products (Lysol, dust bins, trash bags)
- Clothes (babies, children, and adults)
- Winter gear (coats, gloves, scarves, hats)
- School supplies (backpacks, writing utensils, notebooks
- Technology items (old cell phones for emergencies, CD's, radios)
Check out our Amazon Wishlist for easy donations! Just click and it will automatically ship straight to us. Find what fits in your price range or something you specifically want to provide - and just click!
Ways to get your company to help out:
- Ask your company to make a corporate gift. Your company might even have a foundation that already donates to various charities.
- Many employers offer plans which allow you to double your personal contribution with a matching gift! Talk to your employer today to see if they offer these services, or encourage them to develop a Matching Gift program.
- Host an office donation drive whether it be items or money. Make it a fun event like Jeans Day Friday or have a fun picnic lunch!
- If your office participates in a payroll donation organization, such as United Way, you can designate your gift to go to University Settlement.
- Sponsor an event! University Settlement hosts several large events throughout the year including the Annual Taste of Slavic Village, the Annual Save our Babies Safe Sleep Event, and the Village Father-Daughter Dance. Events like these allow community members to network and have fun, while providing access to the resources available to them through U.S.
For more information about sponsoring an event or how to get businesses involved, please contact Kaitlin Armocida at email@example.com
We know that not everyone can provide a financial contribution to our organization, but there are many ways to help University Settlement serve the Broadway-Slavic Village community by volunteering time to one of our programs.
Use our Amazon Smile! You can shop for everything you normally shop for and Amazon will donate a percentage of your spending directly to a charity of your choice (pick us!). It doesn't cost you anything extra and is just like shopping normally. Be sure to shop under: smile.amazon.com for it to count. Click the button below to set University Settlement as your choice nonprofit: